To make you upcoming visit as comfortable and pleasant as possible, please read the following information carefully.
Many medications; such as blood thinners, vitamins and supplements need to be stopped for as long as up to two weeks. If you have heart disease and take blood thinners, your surgeon and heart doctor should communicate and develop a specific plan of action for your surgery.
Please take your morning prescription medications with a small amount of water. If you take a medication for heartburn or gastric reflux including over the counter medication, take this in the morning as well. Do not take oral medication for Type II Diabetes on the day of your surgery. If you use Insulin, please contact your Diabetic doctor for dosing instructions.
Before You Come:
- Arrange for someone to drive you home and be available to you the night of surgery. Driving after anesthesia is illegal. You may NOT leave the SurgiCenter alone.
- Preregister with the business office and arrange for your pre-op testing if required.
- A consent form must be signed before you treatment begins.
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout their stay.
- Call your surgeon if you notice any signs or symptoms of illness prior to your surgery.
- For Women: If there is any chance you might be pregnant, notify your doctor.
- Do not eat or drink ANYTHING (including water) after midnight the night before your surgery unless instructed by your physician. This also applies if you are having local anesthesia. Food in the stomach can cause serious complications and your surgery could be cancelled or postponed. The only exceptions are medications to be taken as directed below.
- If you smoke, we recommend that you refrain from smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery.
- Take all medications you would normally take the night before and morning of surgery unless specifically told not to. Take them with a sip of water. Bring a list of your medications for the anesthesiologist to review.
- Leave jewelry and other valuables at home.
We look forward to serving you!